Smartphone der Zukunft im Gehinr ein Chip--Supermensch

Allgemeine Nachrichten aus allen Bereichen & Orten.

Moderator: R_F_I_D

Smartphone der Zukunft im Gehinr ein Chip--Supermensch

Ungelesener Beitragvon R_F_I_D » Mittwoch 10. Oktober 2012, 09:58

Superhuman Smartphone im Hirn

Bild

the past 10 years we've seen cell phones transform into electronic Swiss army knives with a wild variety of functions and features. They are replacing the watch, the camera, the standalone GPS, the alarm clock, and many other tools.

But what will the smartphones of the future look like?

Here's what we envision ...

In five years, the Patent Wars are over and Apple emerges victorious. The company has trademarks of many design features, including many types of curves. As a result, competing smartphone manufacturers resort to triangular or angular forms.

Fast forward 15 years. With Google's pioneering work, smartphones evolve into wearable devices with augmented reality. These smartglasses provide a constant stream of content and advertisement directly into the user's field of vision.

After the fad of wearable phone glasses, companies go mad with miniaturization in 25 years. Technology allows for extreme miniaturization and phones become single use, disposable devices.

50 years later, wearable phones make a comeback in the form of wristbands. The wristphone, as it is commonly known, is customized to fit each user's arm perfectly. It includes state-of-the-art voice-command features as well as holographic component that let you chat with your friends as though they are right next to you.

Technology takes a huge leap in 75 years. Microchip can be installed directly in the user's brain. Apple, along with a handful of companies, makes these chips. Thoughts connect instantly when people dial to "call" each other. But there's one downside: "Advertisements" can occasionally control the user's behavior because of an impossible-to-resolve glitch. If a user encounters this glitch -- a 1 in a billion probability -- every piece of data that his brain delivers is uploaded to companies' servers so that they may "serve customers better."

In the year 2112, civilization crumbles because of climate change and dramatic loss of natural resources. Communication comes full circle as dialogue between humans revert to individuals throwing rocks at each other. But rest assured -- people still laugh out loud.
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q6ym5bUQ1qc/R_ODeyBg-AI/AAAAAAAABLw/CMfYeAIDdWg/s400/Bibelleser+wissen+mehr.JPG[/img]
R_F_I_D

Re: Smartphone der Zukunft im Gehinr ein Chip--Supermensch

Ungelesener Beitragvon R_F_I_D » Mittwoch 10. Oktober 2012, 09:59

Superhuman

Both men lit themselves on fire in protest. But only one of them is credited with starting a revolution.

The difference between the two? Mobile phones recorded Mohamed Bouazizi, a Tunisian fruit vendor, as he set himself ablaze in despair over his economic plight. Those videos kicked off the wave of 2011 Arab Spring demonstrations.

Abdesslem Trimech, the other man, fell into relative obscurity.

The example, cited in the book "The Mobile Wave," highlights just one of the many superpowers that mobile phones -- and to a lesser extent, tablets -- have bestowed upon humanity. In addition to enabling us to video events on a second's notice, potentially altering the course of global politics, these high-tech human "appendages" increasingly have become tools for fighting corruption, buying stuff, bolstering memory, promoting politics, improving education and giving people around the world more access to health care.
The battle of the smartphones
2010: Shoppers use phones to get deals

They've shaken up our social lives, too. Forget letters and phone calls. Texts are the currency of modern conversation -- and mobile Internet searches are the way to solve disputes of fact or trivia. Dating apps search suitors by location, and mobile maps ensure we app-enabled superhumans can't get lost, as long as there's a wireless signal.

Superman could fly. Phones, it seems, help us do everything but.

At a time when new smartphones seem to hit the market every couple of days and our faces increasingly are glued to digital screens, CNN is taking a special look at the myriad ways mobile technology is affecting our lives. The monthlong series is called "Our Mobile Society."

"This is the first time in the entire history of humanity that we've connected in this way," Amber Case, a "cyborg anthropologist," said in a 2010 lecture at TEDWomen. "And it's not that machines are taking over. It's that they're helping us to be more human. They're helping us to connect to each other. The most successful technology gets out of the way and helps us live our lives."

'Like a phantom limb'

Phones are so cherished -- or so depended upon -- that 68% of us sleep with them at our bedside, according to a 5,000-person global survey conducted by Qualcomm and Time, which shares a parent company with CNN. Three-quarters of Americans surveyed said being "constantly connected by technology" is helpful.

Some take that idea to extremes.

Michael Saylor, author of "The Mobile Wave" and CEO of MicroStrategy, said he checks his phone for updates at least once a minute -- "I must look at it 500 times a day, or 1,000 times a day," he said. Almost nothing would make him put his phone down. "If I was with the queen of England and she was addressing me directly and it was a one-on-one conversation, then I would probably discipline myself to not look at my phone, so as to not show disrespect to her."

The phone, otherwise, is just too helpful at keeping Saylor linked, constantly, to his colleagues and friends, who send him a fire hose of instant messages and updates.

For all the potential benefits, however, Case and other observers of mobile culture see negative consequences as well. Being connected digitally to everyone all the time also can lead, somewhat surprisingly, to a sense of isolation and loneliness.

"Teenagers tell me they sleep with their cell phone, and even when it isn't on their person, when it has been banished to the school locker, for instance, they know when their phone is vibrating," MIT professor Sherry Turkle writes in the book "Alone Together: Why We Expect More From Technology and Less From Each Other."

"The technology has become like a phantom limb, it is so much a part of them. These young people are among the first to grow up with an expectation of continuous connection: always on, and always on them."

Another young person, age 13, told Turkle she doesn't like to pick up the phone, only text. "Texting offers just the right amount of access, just the right amount of control," the author writes. "She is a modern Goldilocks: for her, texting puts people not too close, not too far, but at just the right distance. The world is now full of modern Goldilockses, people who take comfort in being in touch with a lot of people whom they also keep at bay."

Nearly 6 billion phones

Regardless of the effects, adoption of mobile tech seems to be going only one direction: up. There were nearly 6 billion mobile phone subscriptions worldwide in 2011, according to the International Telecommunication Union, a branch of the United Nations. There are 7 billion people in the world. Some have multiple mobile contracts, but technology is clearly widespread. And getting smarter.

Saylor, the author and CEO, estimates 5 billion people will have smartphones in the next five years, giving those people access to the mobile Internet and apps. The United States already reached a tipping point this year: The majority of American phone owners now have smartphones.

These phones, such as those running the Apple iOS and Google Android operating systems, offer "more computing power than Apollo 11 when it landed a man on the moon," Nancy Gibbs writes for Time.

"In many parts of the world, more people have access to a mobile device than to a toilet or running water," she writes. "For millions, this is the first phone they've ever had."
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q6ym5bUQ1qc/R_ODeyBg-AI/AAAAAAAABLw/CMfYeAIDdWg/s400/Bibelleser+wissen+mehr.JPG[/img]
R_F_I_D

Zurück zu Nachrichten ► Weltnachrichten